yum based install

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Thu May 24 11:16:13 IST 2007

Hi,

It seems rpmforge will have (or does have by now ;-) a perl-Filesys-Df
package.

So the only thing one would need to use yum to install MS would be a
repository with the mailscanner RPM in then for the usual distro's.

There is an issue however that needs to be addressed in the MS rpm file to
make it work. There is no dependency for perl-Filesys-Df in the MS RPM. I
noticed the dependency only when I started MS that it needed Filesys/Df.pm
to run.

I understand Julian is no fan of packagers adding MS to their
repositories. If keeping it up-to-date and getting some usage figures is
the main issue then I think it would be almost trivial to setup a
repository so yum can fetch MS from the right site and Julian will still
have an up-to-date repository and the download statistics.

Hugo.

 		(Thanks JFK, for the insight.)