feature request: compress attachments

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed May 23 11:35:31 IST 2007

On 23/05/07, Julian Field <MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> Martin.Hepworth wrote:
> > Jules
> >
> > Yeah I know it's not easy, that's we thought "you" would be able to help
> > out ;-)
> >
> :-)
> > Talking of 'you', how's the health? Back to work yet, or just doing
> > MailScanner stuff to get back to speed?
> >
> My health is slowly improving. Unfortunately I'm not managing to put on
> any weight, which won't make the docs happy, but I am getting a lot
> stronger. I'm not back at work yet, and am signed off until the start of
> July. I'm doing MailScanner stuff to stop myself getting bored mostly.
> It also helps build up my mental stamina so that when I do go back to
> work, I'll be able to survive a full day.

Glad to hear you're taking it relatively slowly... When you started
putting out betas, I was a bit worried (mother hen mentality:-).

Talking about betas, do you plan on putting one out with some form of
"p record handling" for Postfix any time soon? I've been really bogged
down lately, so haven't worked on the "PF2.4 version" ... yet:).
If you need a new set of "PF2.3" patches, I think I can find them in
the archives for you... Or wherever I put them:-). If you want to look
at what I have for 2.4/full body edits, I'll liekly need do a new
set... Provided I did get around to doing the ugly "spin through
security check" in ReadQf... RALM striking again (I think you are
familiar with the consept... Random Access Lossy Memory:), mostly
since I've been very busy with other stuff.

Cheers
--
-- Glenn