Clamd Scanning

Rick Cooper rcooper at dwford.com
Tue May 22 22:31:55 IST 2007

[...]
> > to the virus scanners conf file to reflect that (/bin/false /tmp)?
> The installer will replace (or add a .rpmnew) your
> virus.scanners.conf
> file with the relevant info in it. I have implemented it using the
> clamdscan as the overhead of that is pretty small. The correct
> virus.scanners.conf like looks like this:
> clamd           /opt/MailScanner/lib/clamd-wrapper      /usr/local

I am not sure I understand, I was referring to the conversation from a
couple weeks ago about adding direct clamd support not clamdscan. Wouldn't
have a wrapper, update, etc. Would talk directly to the daemon, at least as
fast as clamavmodule and doesn't increase the memory overhead a bit. I was
under the impression you were interested in that.

Rick

believed to be clean.