MailScanner on Centos 5: updated

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Tue May 22 14:07:31 IST 2007

On Tue, 22 May 2007, Julian Field wrote:

> Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
>>  On Mon, 21 May 2007, Steven Andrews wrote:
>>
>> >  Works just fine on centos 4.
>>
>>  So if you fetch
>>  http://www.mailscanner.info/files/4/rpm/MailScanner-4.59.4-2.rpm.tar.gz
>>
>>  Can you run the following without trouble:
>>
>>      rpmbuild --rebuild perl-Filesys-Df-0.90-1.src.rpm
>>
>>  As on Centos 4.5 I get at the end:
>>
>>  RPM build errors:
>>     Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
>>     /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/perllocal.pod
>>
>>  /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/Filesys/Df/.packlist
>>

> My install.sh script should stop it breaking when it finds this. It's common
> and totally harmless. If you do it by hand you will get this error, but
> running my install.sh script should stop it dying at this point.

I would prefer to solve the issue and not work around them. At least that
is my current impression of what the install script does.

And I am rather seriously thinking of setting up a repository for those
parts not yet covered by rpmforge so one can install mailscanner through
yum once the proper repositories have been added.

Hugo.

 		(Thanks JFK, for the insight.)