MailScanner on Centos 5: updated

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Tue May 22 07:33:24 IST 2007

On Mon, 21 May 2007, Chris W. Parker wrote:

> On Monday, May 21, 2007 5:52 AM Hugo van der Kooij <> said:
>
>> I am making some notes on how I am doing with the installation of
>> MailScanner on Centos 5.
>>
>> In the process I needed to make a slight change to the perl-Filesys-Df
>> package to make it work.
>>
>> There might be a better way to this but at least it got me a working
>> package.
>
> Hmm... sounds like a lot of trouble.

It's not. Not much more trouble then others as far as I can tell. And
learning to be as fluent with anything else is much, much more work.

> If MS doesn't like CentOS very much, which distro does it work well
> with? (So I can experiment with a new distro on my next install.)

Actually Filesys/Df is the only thing not yet present in centos +
rpmforge. So installing MS is pretty much 1 command.

It's just that I prefer to follow repositories and Jules seems more intend
to keep a 'private'selection of perl tools in the installer.

Hugo.

 		(Thanks JFK, for the insight.)