Release 4.60.2

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Mon May 21 23:16:56 IST 2007

On Mon, 21 May 2007, Julian Field wrote:

> Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
>> On Mon, 21 May 2007, Gerry Doris wrote:
>>
>>> Something appears to have happened to your ClamAV/SpamAssassin
>>> tarballs.  I'm getting a "can't find the file" message when I click
>>> on the website link for them.
>>
>> Just for fun. Can you tell me which exact page (URL) you are on?
>>
>> It seems that google had some obsolete pages at the top of the list.
>> It bit me just recently when I did follow google hits instead of going
>> to the website and following the menu.
> Google had its "Download" link pointing to downloads.shtml and not
> .html. So I just deleted the .shtml and made it a soft link to the
> .html. So any difference in the files you are seeing now is your web
> browser's cache being old.

Just checked. The old page is no longer in the google database or at least
not rated very high. I guess they detected the link as duplicated.

Putting an Eicar test file (or string) in a distribution file is getting
people into trouble however. Some can not avoid having to download it
through a scanner and the download will fail that way.

Hugo.

 		(Thanks JFK, for the insight.)