way OT: add header (mailscanner) to be parsed by Outlook plugin for reporting false-negatives?

Andrew MacLachlan amaclach at yahoo.co.uk
Sat May 19 22:10:04 IST 2007

I have implemented this in the latest release of ESVA.
It's not a button, but a URL in the footer of the message, which is included in the inline sig:

Click'>http://mail-gw.domain.tld/cgi-bin/learn-msg.cgi?id=$id">Click here to report this message as spam.

which works nicely - although I certainly don't consider it to be a perfect solution.

The CGI that does the actual work is:

#!/usr/bin/perl
use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);
use CGI qw(:standard);
print "Content-type: text/html \n\n";

$query    = new CGI;
$sendmail = "/usr/sbin/sendmail.postfix";
$id = param("id");
$datenumber = param("datenumber");
$to = param("to");
$msgtorelease = "/var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/$datenumber/spam/$id";

open(MAIL, "|$sendmail $to <$msgtorelease") or die "Cannot open $sendmail: $!";
close(MAIL);

# redirect to success page
print "<meta http-equiv=\"refresh\" content=\"0;URL=/released.html\">";

The reason I'm using sendmail.postfix is two-fold:
a) I use Postfix
b) Sendmail releases the message just fine - but to everyone in the headers (doesn't go down well with everyone)

There is also a very similar release mechanism.
The beauty with this method is that it doesn't care which mail client you use, so no mods to make.

-Andy