Clam update log location

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Fri May 18 18:33:39 IST 2007

I'm not sure if I have some old leftovers from an RPM install or maybe a
source install or whatever, but I have a couple of logrotate files (clamd
and freshclam). They apparently don't do anything now as the files they
rotate don't exist . The freshclam script might be handy though. It points
to a file in /var/log/ but the  /usr/lib/MailScanner/clamav-autoupdate that
I have makes a different file name in /tmp.

The logrotate script also does a postrotate  "/bin/kill -HUP `cat
/var/run/clamav/freshclam.pid", which might or might not matter  for the way
it works now. Is there any point to making the logrotate work with the
autoupdate in Mailscanner? The /tmp/ClamAV.update.log file can get pretty
large.

Thanks for ideas.

Steve Campbell
campbell at cnpapers.com