Detecting forwarded spam

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us
Wed May 16 16:50:30 IST 2007

Martin.Hepworth wrote:
> Jules
>
> Ah sorry - it *was* along time ago....

You got off easy. <g>

A long time ago, I was under the same mistaken impression and replied to
someone to that affect.  Jules' response to me was 'Even Microsoft
wouldn't be that dumb.'

Ouch.

IIRC, at the time the setting in question suppressed further additional
headers if the message had already passed through a MailScanner box - a
big difference between not being scanned at all...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500