Preferred Distribution

Matt Kettler mkettler at evi-inc.com
Thu May 10 21:21:12 IST 2007

Scott Silva wrote:
> People should stop using RedHat 6. It has got to be almost 8 years old!

Yeah, clearly they should be on 6.3 by now :)

Quite frankly, I'd be surprised if modern MailScanner would even run on RedHat
6.x.. Those releases used perl 5.005. It might run, but a lot of add-ons won't.

I know the mailscanner RPM claims it only needs >= 5.005, but I know
SpamAssassin 3.0.0 and higher require perl 5.6 or higher.

As of 3.46 HTML::Parser requires perl 5.6 or higher.