MailScanner w/ Qmail / Plesk ( format error: file is too short )

Cameron B. Prince cplists at princeservices.com
Thu May 10 16:59:27 IST 2007

Hi Res,

> Actually I mean your MailScanner temp working dir, like
> /var/spool/MailScanner
>
> chown -R qmailq.qmail /var/spool/MailScanner

I checked and reset this.

> the real qmail sources also set permissions diferent than what you have
> above, the queue dir is set 750

I went through both the queue and queue.in directories and reset the
permissions.

> do you know what version of qmail plesk installs now days? as in what
> patches? I know it works on plesk from other comments I've had, but I'm
> unsure if those posters are members of this list, I suspectmaybe not?
> since none of them have commented.

This is my first dealings with Qmail as I've historically only worked with
sendmail. Can you tell me how I can find the information to answer your
question?

> Check perms on...
>
> chown qmailq.qmail /var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue
> chown root.qmail /var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject.mailscanner
> chmod 4755 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue
> chmod 755 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject.mailscanner

I checked and reset these... More tests result in the same error. I tried
with an attachment also to make the message larger and it also produced the
same error.

> I have not looked at that code in a while, I can have alook this evening
> though.

Thank you,

Cameron