MailScanner w/ Qmail / Plesk ( format error: file is too short )

Cameron B. Prince cplists at princeservices.com
Thu May 10 05:03:12 IST 2007

Hi Res,

I stepped through multiple tests first disabling Spam Checks, then Spam
Assassin, and finally Virus Checks. Still get the same error with all those
set to no.

Here's a --lint test's output:

# /usr/sbin/MailScanner --lint
Read 764 hostnames from the phishing whitelist
Checking version numbers...
Version number in MailScanner.conf (4.58.9) is correct.
MailScanner setting GID to  (2520)
MailScanner setting UID to  (2520)

Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
lock.pl sees Config  LockType =  flock
lock.pl sees have_module =  0
Using locktype = flock
MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = f-prot"
Found these virus scanners installed: f-prot

Is there a way to do an strace or something similar to get more verbose
debugging?

Thanks,
Cameron