SMPID vs. INPID

Alden Levy alden at engineno9inc.com
Tue May 8 19:34:28 IST 2007

Scott Silva wrote the following on Tue May 8 19:08:38 IST 2007
>Alden Levy spake the following on 5/7/2007 5:11 PM:
>> I'm still scratching my head over this one.  Would someone with a Redhat
>> install please post the relevant lines of their MailScanner_app_init, so
>> can compare it to mine?
>>
>Here are the init scripts for RedHat and SUSE as given to me by Julian
yesterday.
> Maybe you can find what is wrong with yours.
>
>--
>
>MailScanner is like deodorant...
>You hope everybody uses it, and
>you notice quickly if they don't!!!!

Thanks for this.  Now, I'm really confused; the RedHat init script is
identical to the one I'm using.

Does anyone have an idea of where else I should look? (Quick recap:
/var/run/sendmail.in.pid is not getting updated, so /etc/init.d/MailScanner
status lists incoming sendmail as failed.  sm-client.pid looks fine,
though.)

Thanks,
Alden