FuzzyOcr customisations

Gareth list-mailscanner at linguaphone.com
Tue May 8 18:33:06 IST 2007

Thought people might be interested in the forum at
http://www.freespamfilter.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=25 where there are some
good tips for customising FuzzyOcr.

Today I have also had a stab at creating an image utility which can be added
to a scanset to hopefully improve its detection. Basically it works by
producing a grayscale image which contains the differences between a pixel
and the average colour over the whole image (rgb calculated separately)

You can see a couple of examples and download and have a play with it
yourself on my webpage at http://www.gbnetwork.co.uk/mailscanner/gbpgmdiff/
It is still very much a work in progress and I haven't even got round to
putting it into one of my scansets yet.