Multi (split) image spam

Andrew MacLachlan amaclach at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 8 00:58:41 IST 2007

It is true that there is no good reason to use dynamic addresses (for obvious reasons), however some ISPs refuse to update the reverse mappings so that even though an address is static, it still appears to be dynamic because of the netblock and reverse mapping.
While it could be argued that smarthosts are the correct way for small businesses to send mail, depending on the provider these can be worse than dynamic for RBLs etc!