SpamAssassin 3.2.0 package

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon May 7 22:07:40 IST 2007

Julian Field spake the following on 5/7/2007 12:39 PM:

> Scott Silva wrote:
>> Julian Field spake the following on 5/7/2007 9:37 AM:

>>> No, I haven't done an init script for clamd. It should be easy enough to
>>> knock one up based on the MailScanner ones. The SuSE and RedHat-based
>>> ones need to be different, so if you fancy writing both based on the
>>> MailScanner ones that would be great.
>>>
>>> Attached are the RedHat and SuSE init.d scripts for MailScanner itself
>>> so you can see the differences needed.
>>>
>>> Obviously the clamd ones will be a lot shorter :-)
>>>
>>> Jules
>>>

>> In looking at this, there will need to be more than just an init script. There
>> will need to be a clamd.conf file, and probably a logrotate script. I don't
>> know how much extra stuff you want to add, but I'm game if you dont mind the
>> extra fluff.
>
> Is it really true that no-one else has done a decent RPM of clamd yet? I
> would be surprised if Dag Wieers hasn't done one already, for starters.
> If there is one, why are we duplicating the effort?
>
> Jules

I would be happy if I could just get the clamavmodule running on the system
that seems hosed. I still haven't seen any kind of code to give me a better
idea of where it is bombing. I will try another --debug run later tonite, but
can't stop the server until after 17:00 hours local. Clamscan works OK, but
when the upgrade first applied, the bad system couldn't even run clamscan.
Maybe the module isn't pointing at the correct library?
I will do a force install of the clamavmodule before the debug run, although I
thought I did already.

Never mind now -- force install from cpan would fail tests and not re-install,
but compiling from the Mail::Clamav tarball finally kicked the POS into gear.
And this is the busier of the 2 servers.  The load is already dropping.
--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and