SpamAssassin 3.2.0

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at colby.edu
Fri May 4 20:40:19 IST 2007

On Wed, 2 May 2007, Julian Field wrote:

> Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 22:20:49 +0100
> From: Julian Field <MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk>
> To: MailScanner discussion <mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info>
> Subject: SpamAssassin 3.2.0

> Well, as someone else has already said, it's been released.
>
> Its list of requirements has grown quite a lot. In addition to whatever
> else you already have from an existing SA install, you need to install
> this load of Perl modules, in this order:
>
>      YAML -- requires y\n in perl Makefile.PL
>      ExtUtils::CBuilder
>      ExtUtils::ParseXS
>    Module::Build
>      version
>    Net::DNS::Resolver::Programmable
>    Error
>    NetAddr::IP
>    Net::DNS >=0.58
>    Data::Dump
>  Encode::Detect
>  Mail::SPF
> Mail::SpamAssassin -- requires \n in perl Makefile.PL

I got it installed and running at my site.  I had to install the perl
modules above and then some (because I installed DKIM).  I probably had
to install or update 30+ perl modules.  Wow.  I also had to stare at
the *.pre files.  But it seems to work for me.  (Solaris 10).

Jeff Earickson
Colby College