Clamav suggestions

Richard Frovarp Richard.Frovarp at sendit.nodak.edu
Fri May 4 17:25:46 IST 2007

Fabio Pedretti wrote:

> 3) Support for clamd trough clamdscan is nice, however, best would be
> to connect to clamd directly to its socket (or network socket) from
> MailScanner, without call clamdscan, and fallback to clamscan if clamd
> is not working.

Why not just run clamavmodule? From my understanding, the support for
clamd was added so that those that didn't want to keep up with the Perl
module required for clamavmodule would have something faster than
clamscan. Any direct call to clamd from MailScanner would require a Perl
module, so at that point you're losing the requirements benefit of
running clamd.