[Solved] Looks like permissions, but unsure where

Matt Hayes dominian at slackadelic.com
Thu May 3 22:16:59 IST 2007

Matt Hayes wrote:
> Ok all,
>
> Just upgraded to the newest MailScanner, did everything like I normally
> do.. switched to clamd and I'm getting this:
>
> MailScanner[20004]: ./18D72272A.1574D.header: Unable to create temporary
> directory
>

> Now, at first I thought it was clamd, switched it to clamav and still
> getting the same thing.  Any good ideas where to look?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Matt

Nevermind.  If I had been a smart man and used DEBUGGING ... I would've
found that it was looking to use /dev/shm to speed up the processing of
the email.

It seems with the new MailScanner it wants to use /dev/shm.  What I
found was that on whitelisted addresses I didn't get this error.  On
anything else, I did. So, once I mounted /dev/shm and all is well.

Thanks,

Matt