Very newbie relaying question

Ken Goods KGoods at AIAInsurance.com
Thu May 3 18:18:25 IST 2007

Declan Grady wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I've just rebuilt my mailscanner+sendmail box using debian etch, and
> after a lot of head-scratching got it up & running ok.
> (Old box suffered hardware failure, was a redhat 7 with a lot of
> patches & updates, etc, but was handy for upgrading mailscanner from
> rpms.)
>
> While watching the spam messages, I've noticed quite a few supposedly
> coming from my own domain name.

<snip>

> Thanks for suggestions.

If there really isn't any spam originating from your own domains, look into
trusted networks, or even easier, just whitelist your domain(s).

I've been running the same setup (e.g. MailScanner filter feeding an
exchange box) for a couple years now so if you have any other questions feel
free to contact me on list or directly.

HTH
Kind regards,
Ken