SpamAssassin 3.2.0

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed May 2 22:33:58 IST 2007

Julian Field spake the following on 5/2/2007 2:20 PM:
> Well, as someone else has already said, it's been released.
>
> Its list of requirements has grown quite a lot. In addition to whatever
> else you already have from an existing SA install, you need to install
> this load of Perl modules, in this order:
>
>       YAML -- requires y\n in perl Makefile.PL
>       ExtUtils::CBuilder
>       ExtUtils::ParseXS
>     Module::Build
>       version
>     Net::DNS::Resolver::Programmable
>     Error
>     NetAddr::IP
>     Net::DNS >=0.58
>     Data::Dump
>   Encode::Detect
>   Mail::SPF
> Mail::SpamAssassin -- requires \n in perl Makefile.PL
>
> It puts in a v320.pre into /etc/mail/spamassassin and comes with a load
> of new plugins. Some of them are loaded by the default supplied v320.pre
> file, but here are the ones that aren't:
>
>                           Hashcash.pm             Rule2XSBody.pm
> ASN.pm                                            SpamCop.pm
> AutoLearnThreshold.pm                             SPF.pm
> AWL.pm                                            Test.pm
>                                                   TextCat.pm
>                           MIMEHeader.pm
> BodyRuleBaseExtractor.pm  OneLineBodyRuleType.pm  URIDNSBL.pm
>                           Pyzor.pm
> DCC.pm                    Razor2.pm
>                           RelayCountry.pm         WhiteListSubject.pm
>                           ReplaceTags.pm
>
> My next step is to read the man pages for all of these, and work out
> which ones you probably want to load and which ones you don't, so that
> my install script can set you up with a sensible system. One thing I'm
> not installing is support for DKIM which, although available, requires
> so many pre-requisites that it's not feasible for me to do here. You
> have to start at the OpenSSL libraries and work your way up :-(
>
> Once I've got something working here, I'll write up an install script
> for it all and wrap it into a package for you.
>
> Jules

Looking at your daily increased activity on the list, I am assuming
(hopefully) that you are feeling somewhat better. Keep up the good healing,
and rest as much as you can without driving yourself crazy.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and