Spam detection rates

Randal, Phil prandal at herefordshire.gov.uk
Wed May 2 15:56:19 IST 2007

We have a zealous bunch of users who love reporting spam which gets
through to their inboxes to me.

And I do spot checks of our Mailwatch logs from time to time.

About 3000 emails get flagged as low-scoring (possible) spam here, and
delivered.  Of those around 80% are spam, the rest are what I call
"subscriber spam" - special offers mailing lists, etc.

Cheers,

Phil

--
Phil Randal