32 bit distro or 64?

Paul Hutchings paul.hutchings at mira.co.uk
Wed May 2 16:25:49 IST 2007

Again probably not a MailScanner specific query but as this box is
specifically to run MailScanner I'll ask here.

I have a new DL360 G5 and I'm planning on installing OpenSuse 10.2.
Should I be using the 32 bit or 64 bit with regards to MailScanner,
basically are there any reasons to choose one over the other?

The box has 2gb of RAM so there's no "large memory" type issues involved
it's purely why I might choose one over the other for this application.

Cheers,

Paul

Paul Hutchings

Network Administrator, MIRA Ltd.

Tel: 44 (0)24 7635 5378

Fax: 44 (0)24 7635 8378

mailto:paul.hutchings at mira.co.uk

--
MIRA Ltd.

Watling Street, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV10 0TU, England.

Registered in England No. 402570
VAT Registration  GB 114 5409 96

The contents of this e-mail are confidential and are solely for the use of the intended recipient.
If you receive this e-mail in error, please delete it and notify us either by e-mail, telephone or fax.
You should not copy, forward or otherwise disclose the content of the e-mail as this is prohibited.