Mailscanner 4.59.4 and Mailwatch with clamd?

Rick Cooper rcooper at dwford.com
Wed May 2 12:43:55 IST 2007

________________________________

	From: mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info
[mailto:mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info] On Behalf Of Johnny
Stork
	Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 2:53 AM
	To: MailScanner discussion
	Subject: Re: Mailscanner 4.59.4 and Mailwatch with clamd?

	oops...meant to send this to the mailwatch list....sorry....but feel
free to answer if someone has a solution.

	Johnny Stork wrote:

		Just upgraded to MS 4.59.4 and switched to clamd, but when I
try to get to the mailwatch interface I get

		Error:
		 Unable to select a regular expression for your primary
virus scanner (clamd) - please see the examples in functions.php to create
one.

		but there does not appear to be any settings for using
clamd?

		Any suggestions?
[..]

Find functions.php in your MailWatch web directory (ie
/var/www/html/mailscanner). Open functions.php in an editor and look for
(about line 71) :

  case 'clamav':
   define(VIRUS_REGEX, '/(.+) contains (\S+)/');
   break;

Insert below the "break;" line:

  case 'clamd':
   define(VIRUS_REGEX, '/(.+) contains (\S+)/');
   break;

I don't remember if you need to restart MS, I would think not.

Rick

believed to be clean.