Error message starting/restarting MailScanner?

Drew Marshall drew at technologytiger.net
Thu Mar 29 17:51:47 CEST 2007

On 29 Mar 2007, at 16:39, Dhawal Doshy wrote:

> Paul Hutchings wrote:
>> I'm not sure entirely what you mean, but from a quick google
>> /var/spoolpostfix/incoming is empty.
>> I'm running Postfix 2.3.3 on OpenSuse (the default rpm).
>> MailScanner does seem to be working and processing mail (this is
>> just a
>> test box).
>> ls -lh /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming
>> drwx------ 2 postfix postfix 4.0K Mar 29 14:08 11431
>> drwx------ 2 postfix postfix 4.0K Mar 29 14:08 11475
>> drwx------ 2 postfix postfix 4.0K Mar 29 14:09 11513
>> drwx------ 2 postfix postfix 4.0K Mar 29 14:08 11547
>> drwx------ 2 postfix postfix 4.0K Mar 29 14:24 11581
>> -rw------- 1 postfix postfix 7.0K Mar 29 14:09 SpamAssassin.cache.db
>                                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> This file is not supposed to exist here, rather move it /var/spool/
> MailScanner/SpamAssassin.cache.db using the "SpamAssassin Cache
> Database File" configuration option in MailScanner.conf

Mine's there too. I never noticed or worried about it before :-o

Drew

--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned
for viruses and dangerous content by the Technology Tiger MailScanner.

Technology Tiger Limited is registered in Scotland with registration number: 310997
Registered Office 55-57 West High Street Inverurie AB51 3QQ