Spamassassin and ClamAV - Where From?

Stephen Swaney steve.swaney at fsl.com
Tue Mar 27 15:03:19 CEST 2007

Paul,

A lot of the problems with supplied SA and ClamAV rpms was related to the
fact the Red Hat ships old versions of SpamAssassin with the Operating
systems. I don't know what version is supplied with the SuSE rpms ao I
really can't comment on that.

I can tell you that Julian's ClamAV and SpamAssassin packages are very
complete, typically updated more quickly than SuSE or Red Hat's rpms and
also supply additional Perl modules that are useful to SpamAssassin and
ClamAV.

I (almost) always install from rpms but I make an exception for Julian's
packages because they are very actually better than the rpms :)

Steve

Steve Swaney
steve at fsl.com