Mails not processed

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 13:30:44 CEST 2007

On 27/03/07, Daniel Fuhrer <daniel at danielf.ch> wrote:
> Hi Glen
>
> Thanks fort he quick response.
> So I changed all the options in clamav-wrapper so these errors are fixed.
> But now is there a new Message:
>
> Quantifier follows nothing in regex; marked by <-- HERE in m/* <-- HERE / at /usr/local/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/SweepOther.pm line 489.
>
> And the main problem still exists. Some mails are not processed. I still get a bunch of this EOCD signature failures.
> In the logfile is the following entry, for each mail that mailscanner can't scan:
> SpamAssassin cache hit for message <messageid>

I might be wrong, but... this actually might indicate a problem with
(one of) your Filetype Rules files. Check them over with a fine
comb... Make sure that all fields are separated by <TAB> characters,
that you don't have strange end of line characters (ie not edited
under windoze), or that you've missed to fill in something meaningful
in every field (even if it just a dash).
You can check whether I'm on the right track here by simply disabling
the filetype checks... clear out the setting for the file command
File Command = #/usr/bin/file
and restart MailScanner... If I'm right, the error you see should go away.
If it does, either consider not using that, or grab a new copy of the
filetype.rules.conf and start over:-).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn