upgraded mailscanner, no more quarantine

Blaze King blaze at lake.k12.ca.us
Fri Mar 23 16:44:36 CET 2007

Ok I feel stupid.

MailScanner's quarantine was working just fine... I thought it wasn't
because nothing new was in quarantine since the upgrade.  Well when just
I sent myself an unacceptable file (.bat), it was blocked and
quarantined.

I was testing the MailScanner with the "eicar" test virus, which it
picked up and sent a notice to the postmaster e-mail account.  While
watching the maillog, no quarantine was ever attempted, so there was no
error.

Maybe the better question would be how do I modify what is quarantined
and what isn't?  I'll be looking through MailScanner's config again...

Thanks!

Blaze King
Senior Network Administrator
Lake County Office of Education