IP address reputation, BorderWare

am.lists am.lists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 11:55:51 CET 2007

On 3/22/07, Kevin Miller <Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us> wrote:
> Scott Silva wrote:
> > Yes ... like SPF but without all the people who have ~all in their
> > records!
>
> I've never understood that.  Mine are all hard fails.  Soft fails are
> for people that are soft in the head, me thinks.

The problem with hard fails is the following scenario:

You are on a website that has a "send to a friend" -- and it imitates
your from address  so that your "friend" recognizes the mail from you.

I'm not sure I like it this way, but in some circumstances, on poorly
designed sites, a -all would kill this message.

Angelo