IP address reputation, BorderWare

Res res at ausics.net
Fri Mar 23 00:43:44 CET 2007

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007, Chris Yuzik wrote:

> Gerard Seibert wrote:
>> There was a discussion on the postfix forum a few days ago that concurred
>> with your thesis. I personally never employ it myself. A waste of time
>> and bandwidth in my humble opinion.
>>
> Since we use Sendmail exclusively, I'm afraid I don't follow the Postfix
> forums.
>
> I'm not sure about the bandwidth, shouldn't be much more than a few
> bytes...perhaps equivalent to a DNS query or two. As for the time delay,

Thats exactly all it is like. On cheap nasty setups I've done, with multi
front ends talking to one backend using milter-ahead type setups. It's
the EXACT same principle, and uses less than a couple of kilobytes per
second, thats with well over a million emails a day, so I cant see
how its going to hurt ANYONE.
Except maybe annoy the paranoid daily log reading admins having larger
logs to sift through :)

--
Cheers
Res

Let Novell known what you think of their back door deal with the devil.
Sign the petition today:   http://techp.org/p/1/