IP address reputation, BorderWare

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us
Thu Mar 22 23:19:58 CET 2007

Gerard Seibert wrote:
> On Thursday March 22, 2007 at 06:02:19 (PM) Denis Croombs wrote:
>
>>> That's interesting. Can you explain your position?
>>>
>> Over 90% of the email that the 200+ domains I protect is spam from
>> spoofed email address's, why should I send an email to these poor
>> sods who have had they email address spoofed just to fill up their
>> email inbox.
>> As far as I am concerned it is a joke system that compounds the spam
>> issue.
>
> There was a discussion on the postfix forum a few days ago that
> concurred with your thesis. I personally never employ it myself. A
> waste of time and bandwidth in my humble opinion.

Well, we all know how those Postfix folks think, don't we! <g>

I think some people must be confusing bouncing spam with sender
verification.  Two different beasts entirely.  Sender verification takes
virtually no bandwidth, and the byte count it takes are certainly much
fewer than what you'll find in the body of a spam message.  If I can
spend a nickle to not have to spend a dime it's worth it every time...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500