OT: F-Prot

Plant, Dean dean.plant at roke.co.uk
Tue Mar 20 12:39:01 CET 2007

Res wrote:

> Be very very careful, I used to use clam, until I found its hit rate
> was less than a third of f-prots, have not used it since.

Out of curiosity, how long ago was this?

A couple of years ago we did the opposite and dropped F-prot as 99.9% of
the time ClamAV caught everything before F-prot had signatures out.
Mostly I still see ClamAV outperforming our commercial scanners for
signature response times, although lately I see few viruses that not
picked up by all of the scanners, maybe response times are getting
better across the industry.

Dean