Changing the Batch size value

Dean Manners deanm at ispone.com.au
Tue Mar 20 09:57:52 CET 2007

Its Azfar,
		Line ~260 of MailScanner.conf:

Max Unscanned Messages Per Scan = 50
Max Unsafe Messages Per Scan = 50

During benchmarking I found 50 message batches with "Max Children = 6" to be
the most efficient for my systems (Dell PE1950, 4Gb RAM, 2x Xeon 5110
processors, SAS storage), but only marginely faster.  The ideal value would
be unique to each system, but the default 30 is probably spot on for most.
If your trying to speed up processing - and havent allready, try out
mounting your MailScanner working directory in tmpfs (see
http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:tweaking:some_things_
to_try_if_your_incoming_queue_is_running_slow&s=speed).