SPF_Fail score too low?

Res res at ausics.net
Mon Mar 19 02:56:13 CET 2007

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007, Chris Yuzik wrote:

> So if I'm clear what this means, I believe this says that the domain
> administrator has specified the specific IPs that are allowed to send email
> from this domain, and furthermore anything that doesn't come from the allowed
> IPs should not be accepted or trusted. Right? This isn't a soft-fail, but a
> full fail.

It depends on how the domain owner configures the SPF 'all' option.
Some admins don't want servers to completely reject, but do want them to
warn to recipient, using the ' ~all ' option, as against those of us that
want everybody to reject them with the ' -all ' option.

I know I don't want people sending mail as us, so I choose '-all' on all
of my domains.

The only true way to enforce this is disable it in S.A and to use it at
the MTA level.

--
Cheers
Res

Let Novell known what you think of their back door deal with the devil.
Sign the petition today:   http://techp.org/p/1/