OT: Router

Res res at ausics.net
Fri Mar 16 23:56:30 CET 2007

I should top post and not be sorry :)

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007, Alex Neuman van der Hans wrote:

> To all netiquette nazis, sorry for top posting... :-)

> Keyword here is ADSL.
>
> Lower the MTU across the board. I could bet everything starts to work, as if
> by magic. In every place you can set it, set it to somewhere between 1400 and
> 1460 bytes.

Keyword here is really MTU, you hit nail on the head though...

If useing PPPoE I'd agree, lots of our customers have problems and funnily
enough even in this country, mostly all just with banks as well, lowering
MTU to 1432 seemed to fix all, or just tell them to use PPPoA if they
use a hardware router.

--
Cheers
Res

Let Novell known what you think of their back door deal with the devil.
Sign the petition today:   http://techp.org/p/1/