Additional recipients within same lose mail when quarantined/released...

am.lists am.lists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 20:33:01 CET 2007

On 3/15/07, Glenn Steen <glenn.steen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 15/03/07, Glenn Steen <glenn.steen at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Well, I've made a right mess of my kit by trying Joost's referred
> > > article. There's at least one or two material typos in it, and it's a
> > > dickens to troubleshoot. I'm meddling a bit more with it before
> > > reverting back.
> > >
> > > Angelo
> > Being the author of that article, I'd like to be alerted to what typos
> > you find... Might help the next guy/gal:-).
>
> Right, found one I thought I'd fixed (postfix.in/transport and
> postfix/transport.in mixup). Fixed that one good this time. Please
> reload your pages:-).
>
> Was there anything else (apart from a nonsensical "compare this OR
> this" example near the end:)?

Well, for one, the /etc/postfix/transport.in =>
/etc/postfix.in/transport was one problem.

Also, let's consider why I'm after this article:  the original post:
about releasing properly to multiple recipients from within MailWatch.
It was confusing to me that if I went out and grabbed mini_sendmail
that I wouldn't need the postfix instance on port 10027. But it seems
that the mini_sendmail is just a remailer, telling it to connect to
localhost:10027... which implies that the 10027 instance /does/ need
to be there.

And... I'm not sure if it was needed or not, but I created
/etc/init.d/postfix.in - copied from /etc/init.d/postfix, adding -c
/etc/postfix.in as the config files to use. It wasn't clear if this
was needed or not.

I run as a gateway, and as such, rely on whitelisting 127.0.0.1 for
releasing. The doc says to remove whitelisting of 127.0.0.1. But then
what? I understand that it needs to be removed to pass the mail from
one spool to the other, but how do I then resend it back out without
the double (or looping) scanning?

As of now, I've executed a rollback. But I'm missing something I
think. If you have any ideas on what I've not done correctly, I'd love
to hear.

Backout:

Restored /etc/postfix-bak to /etc/postfix  (I copied it to -bak before
I started mucking)
Restored /var/www/html/mailscanner-bak to /var/www/html/mailscanner
Removed /etc/init.d/postfix.in

To be sure, I init-6'ed. Now, after the reboot, no mail is coming
through, everything appears to be going into the
/var/spool/postfix.in/hold directory. (I know this based on the reboot
being at 15:09 and files in /var/spool/postfix.in/hold having a 15:18
timestamp.

Any idea what I've missed???

Thanks,
Angelo