Mailscanner + spamassassin +Razor + Pyzor + DCC

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 18:27:49 CET 2007

On 15/03/07, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
> Matt Kettler spake the following on 3/14/2007 11:05 AM:
> > Nicolas Canepa wrote:
> >> Hi, I am using Mailscanner with spamassassin. For what i've read you can
> >> define in Mailscanner.conf to use pyzor, razor and dcc, or tell
> >> spamassassin to use razor, pyzor and dcc in the local.cf file.
> >
> > Em, no. you can define it in MailScanner.cf, spam.assassin.prefs.conf, or local.cf.
> >
> > You cannot define it in MailScanner.conf, which is a MailScanner config file.
> > Mailscanner.cf on the other hand is a spamassassin config file, and lives in the
> > spamassassin site rules directory.
> Actually, mailscanner.cf is supposed to be a softlink to
> spamassassin.prefs.conf. If you have something else, you are breaking the
> reason that this was done.
Scott my friend, if you link from A to B or from B to A is
immaterial... You can well have mailscanner.cf be a plain file and
link it from spam.assassin.prefs.conf ... The only risk you run is at
upgrades and such where things could become ... troubled, to say the
least:-).
So sure, it might be best to stick with the assumptions of the
install.sh script, but there's really nothing functionally hindering
you from doing it "backwards"... :)

And I wouldn't "tickle" Matt about this (Wouldn't want to bring the
Kettler to a boil:-)... He's the sole reason things are as they are
today;-).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn