Message Blocked

Fabio Silva fssilva at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 12:11:05 CET 2007

Hi all... i again... i checked the file and i can see that is a MS-DOC
executable.... but... how to solve it? because it isnt an executable
file... has any way to solve it??

# file /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/20070313/D71E1215BF1.1B141/msg-29120-102.txt
/var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/20070313/D71E1215BF1.1B141/msg-29120-102.txt:
MS-DOS executable (COM)

Best Regards,
Fabio

On 3/15/07, Anthony Peacock <a.peacock at chime.ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
> Fabio Silva wrote:
> > Hi all, i had a mail that was blocked on mailscanner, the message has
> > no executable file, just a attach with the name msg-29120-102.txt but
> > the message is marked with "Bad Content" and when i open the message
> > in mailwatch i have this line above in the report option
> >
> > "Report:    MailScanner: No programs allowed (msg-29120-102.txt)"
> >
> > In my filename.rules.conf has no deny to .txt just one allow.
> >
> > Why?? Why this message is blocked?
>
> Hi,
>
> My MailScanner sometimes stops Russian language messages in this way.
> The text of the email message is passed to the file command which thinks
> that it has the characteristics of an executable.
>
> This has been discussed in the past, I can't remember the exact details.
>
> I have never bothered fixing this as all Russian language emails to us
> are junk mail anyway.
>

> --
> Anthony Peacock
> CHIME, Royal Free & University College Medical School
> WWW:    http://www.chime.ucl.ac.uk/~rmhiajp/
> "If you have an apple and I have  an apple and we  exchange apples
> then you and I will still each have  one apple. But  if you have an
> idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us
> will have two ideas." -- George Bernard Shaw

Fabio S. Silva