MailSacanner don't work

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us
Tue Mar 13 17:07:16 CET 2007

Denis Beauchemin wrote:
> Claudio Mundin a écrit :
>> If I startup only sendmail then sendmail listen in 0.0.0.0 25
>> But the script of MailScanner throw option tu sendamil that listen
>> in 127.0.0.1
>>

> Can anyone using Suse confirm this?  It starts fine on RH...
>
> Denis

I was out ill last week so this may be already answered, but with SUSE you need to edit /etc/sysconfig/mail, changing the following:

  MAIL_CREATE_CONFIG="yes"
  SMTPD_LISTEN_REMOTE="no"
  MAIL_CREATE_CONFIG="no"
  SMTPD_LISTEN_REMOTE="yes"

It's easiest to do that in Yast/Syscofig editor, as it will then apply the changes...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500