dealing with dictionary attacks

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Mon Mar 12 21:18:15 CET 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rick Chadderdon" <mailscanner at yeticomputers.com>
To: "MailScanner discussion" <mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info>
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2007 1:39 PM
Subject: Re: dealing with dictionary attacks

> It is, of course, up to the owner of any mailing list to set the policy
> for their list, but I believe that a strict rule barring off-topic posts
> stifles the usefulness of such things.
>
> Rick
> --
I agree that OT is a good thing within reason. I have learned most of what I
know about Sendmail from this list. (That is  - two of the three things I
know about Sendmail). A gracious reply to my OT question as opposed to a
"get it out of this list" or "look it up yourself" does wonders for the
respect a list  and its members gain from me. 'Course I always try to Google
first.

Steve