SpamAssassin 3.1.8

Tony Stocker akostocker at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 16:02:07 CET 2007

All,

I APPEAR to be having problems with SA 3.1.8 and MailScanner.

I've used the RedHat rpm of spamassassin from the beginning without
problems.  However on Tue Mar 6 this package was updated to
"spamassassin-3.1.8-2.el4".  Ever since this package was updated a lot
more spam is coming through and not receiving any markings at all,
most of it has a score line similar to this:

"MailScanner-SpamCheck: not spam, SpamAssassin (not cached,
score=0,required 3, autolearn=not spam)"

A number of these emails are HTML emails and I have a custom rule in
/etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf which says:
"score HTML_MESSAGE 1.0"

So at the very least I would expect to see these messages score a 1.
But it's like the rule isn't being seen at all.  However messages that
trigger a URIBL rule are being scored:

"MailScanner-SpamCheck: spam, SpamAssassin (cached, score=8.726,
required 3, URIBL_BLACK 3.00, URIBL_JP_SURBL 4.09, URIBL_SBL 1.64)"

I have NOT made any other changes to my configuration, and this
configuration was working *very* well until this package update.

What additional information can I provide to help you help me? :)

Thanks,

Tony