dealing with dictionary attacks

Res res at ausics.net
Mon Mar 12 11:20:37 CET 2007

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007, shuttlebox wrote:

> On 3/10/07, Res <res at ausics.net> wrote:
>>
>> Thank you shuttle, you have just proved what I set out to do.. prove that
>> the OK to be OT is very selective around here.

> You're always giving people a hard time when they are not up to your
> high standards so it's kind of surprising to me that you of all people
> ask for more OT leeway.

I'm not asking for any leeway, OT = OT, my point was made, that being some
people seem to think some unrelated to MailScanner crud is OK, where other
unrelated topics are not.

> And I am kind of forced to read this since I'm subscribed to this
> otherwise excellent list and several of you often post technically

No one said remove yourself, I said filter me, if your email providor can
not do that, then I think it's time to maybe use your own service where
you have direct control.

> delete them  without reading or at least looking at them first.

Sure you can, if you know how to work filters, look in the message ID, I
only use this client in this group.

> The broadest definition of spam I know of is simply unwanted mail and
> this is definitely that to me.

rubbish, Spam = unsolicited commercial or broadcast email, you voluntarily
subscribed to this list, therefore you accept any and all posted content
from the list, if you so desire not to, then you filter said person.

--
Cheers
Res

Let Novell known what you think of their back door deal with the devil.
Sign the petition today:   http://techp.org/p/1/