dealing with dictionary attacks

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Sat Mar 10 02:41:48 CET 2007

Quoting Res <res at ausics.net>:

> On Fri, 9 Mar 2007, Steve Campbell wrote:
>
> > OH NO, WHAT HAVE I DONE?
> >
> > Sorry Ken, there is no patch to fix my non-existant problem.
>
> OK since your now in denial and wont patch it, I will write  a generic
> patch that might help ;)

Well, I had one, but I was afraid people might really use it;-). It basically
renames the init.d MS script, symlinks MS to the original sendmail init script,
and voila, no more MS swapping, and mail still gets delivered.

If it fails, remove the MS symlink, and rename the original MS init script back.

Now, since people say I have a very dry sense of humor, never smile when I say
these strange things (or put smiley faces anywhere), that they never can tell
when I'm joking.

So I'm really serious here when I say: DON'T DO THIS UNLESS YOU REALLY
UNDERSTAND THAT I AM NOT SINCERE ABOUT DOING THIS.

OK, I'm backing out of this now for the last time.

Steve