Consolidated spammy countries rbl

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Sun Mar 4 00:17:01 CET 2007

On Sun, 4 Mar 2007, Res wrote:

> On Sat, 3 Mar 2007, Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
>
>>  On Sat, 3 Mar 2007, Tony Enderby wrote:
>>
>> >  I'd be happy to provide the zone if you'd like to implement it locally.
>> >   I will not have time to rig something up until mid next week though.
>>
>>  Why not use geoIP to map IP info to countries? (Like MailWatch does for
>>  example.)
>
> Because its highly UNreliable putting many people in other countries up to
> 10K miles away :)

And that is based on a current database?

Because I update the monthly free ones from maxmind and they do pretty
well if you match hostnames and whois info against their results these
days.

There is also another free GeoIP perl modules out there which is rather
inaccurate. So I would have to guess you were propably working with the
wrong type.

I just happened to have tested them both in my own perl scripts I use for
generating weekly overviews.

Hugo.

--
 	hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org	http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/