Consolidated spammy countries rbl

Ken ka at pacific.net
Sat Mar 3 19:05:16 CET 2007

Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Mar 2007, Tony Enderby wrote:
>

>> I'd be happy to provide the zone if you'd like to implement it locally.
>> I will not have time to rig something up until mid next week though.
>
> Why not use geoIP to map IP info to countries? (Like MailWatch does
> for example.)

Or the RelayCountry SA plugin which uses IP::Country::Fast so is faster
than a dns lookup.
How is this differerent than zz.countries.nerd.dk? Is it just a smaller
zone, with a "spam country" prejudice?
One thing that is nice about listing _all_ countries in a zone, is that
you can make yourself less of a DoS target by saying things like "We
don't block spam" on your website. A lot of dnsrbls have gone under in
the past. Look out! ;-)

Ken A.
Pacific.Net