Consolidated spammy countries rbl

sandrews at andrewscompanies.com sandrews at andrewscompanies.com
Sat Mar 3 15:18:42 CET 2007

I think it's a reasonable list but probably isn't applicable to everyone
here.  That's one of the reasons I asked that he release his code so we
can implement locally and adjust the inclusion/exclusion of countries as
we see fit.

For the majority of my clients in the US, this list is worthwhile for
them, but again, YMMV.  If you've got clients that are ok with blocking
everything from the US, that would be reasonable too for them.  The
whole notion that any server should accept mail from any other place and
pass it along, although part of the original plan, is long since gone.

You, yourself have a hall of shame of poorly run networks.  Is blocking
them flawed by design?  I dunno, I hate the way SORBS acts in that you
get penalized if you happen to be hosted close to poorly run networks
when they block ranges, but I guess the only thing I don't like about it
is the perceived extortion to get unblocked.  More and more I'm of the
opinion that the sheer fact I accept your mail (not you specifically,
but anyone) is a privilege that may be revoked at any time.  I'm not
militant enough to block everything and then only accept upon request
and application, but that day is coming for all of us.  80% of all email
on the internet is junk and that's just freaking ridiculous.

Steve