SOT: Image Spam: Stocks

am.lists am.lists at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 01:48:09 CET 2007

Has anyone ever looked at the tickers that are spammed out in those
image spam stock scams?

Just curious. I occasionally look them up to see if the "big news"
ever comes, or if the stocks that are mentioned ever move.  I bet it
would be interesting to track them.

I looked one up recently (the speculative one regarding fruit) and
that stock seems to be completely stagnant.

Being the case, at least with this one, I have to wonder how it is
that the spammers feel this is worth spending their botnets' bandwidth
on?  No money seems to be trading hands on these issues, so no one is
really making money, only wasting it.

Angelo