Fwd: Moving Quarantine DONE

Howard Robinson Howard at harper-adams.ac.uk
Thu Mar 1 11:33:44 CET 2007

Dear list
On the 27 th I posted this query which Glenn Steen kindly replied to.

"I would like to move the whole quarantine directory to another
partition to make better use of disk space and reduce the chance of
running out of disk space on the /var partition which is getting fairly
full.

Am I right in adopting the following? Is it that simple?
1) stop mailscanner
2) copy quarantine to it's new location.
3) alter MailScanner.conf so it points to the new location.
4) restart MailScanner.
"
His answer and now mine is yes it is that simple and by moving to the
new quarantine directory and using
cp /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/. . -prv
All files rights etc were copied over and Mailscanner and MailWatch are
both now using the new location.

Thanks

Regards

Howard Robinson,