problem with the f-secure wrapper

Dirk Clemens dc at ftb-net.de
Tue Jun 26 12:42:54 IST 2007

Hi,

I have a problem with the f-secure wrapper:

System:      Open Suse 10.2
MailScanner: MailScanner-4.59.4-2.suse
F-Secure:    F-Secure Linux Server Security version 5.52 build 6200

It seems that the f-secure wrapper does not work.

Diagnostic:

1.)
when sending the eicar.com test-virus it will not be
marked as virus. When calling f-secure directly it does.

2.)
When calling the rapper directly I get the following message:

=====
# /usr/lib/MailScanner/f-secure-wrapper /opt/f-secure/fsav /tmp/test
/usr/lib/MailScanner/f-secure-wrapper: line 86:
      /opt/f-secure/fsav/fsav: No such file or directory
/usr/lib/MailScanner/f-secure-wrapper: line 86:
      exec: /opt/f-secure/fsav/fsav:
      cannot execute: No such file or directory
=====

It seems that the wrappe doesn't find the fsav programm.

3.)
When I insert the line line into the wrapper ...

=====
Root=$1
shift
# the new test line:
exec $Root/bin/fsav "$@"
=====

the direct calling of the wrapper and the scanning works.
B but I get an error message in the mail-log:

=====
Jun 26 12:49:30 dmz4 MailScanner[28059]:
    Either you've found a bug in MailScanner's F-Secure output parser,
    or F-Secure's output format has changed!
    Please mail the author of MailScanner!
=====

Any ideas?

- --
Dirk Clemens
dc at ftb-volmarstein.de               http://ftb-net.de
FTB - Forschungsinstitut Technologie-Behindertenhilfe
Grundschötteler Strasse 40,              58300 Wetter
Telefon: 02335/9681-53         Telefax: 02335/9681-19