bug in Mailscanner 4.60.8-1?

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 10:29:13 IST 2007

On 25/06/07, Jorge Costinha <jlcostinha at halla.pt> wrote:
> thanks a lot.
>
> allow me another question, is there any drawbacks of doing that?

That is more philosophical than technical:-).
One answer is: Not really. COM files are not that common, any more,
most attack vectors are covered by your AV(s)... And they are a prime
example of a really bad magic for detecting a file type... When
interpreted by a human, that's not really a problem, it only becomes a
problem when used in MS.
Edit away...;-)

-- Glenn